Swing Batter, Batter, SWING!!Waking up today knowing that The one an only Houston Astros won the 2017 World Series! Imagine that….Usually I go to bed on November 1st knowing that if I didn’t early vote I Read more…
Back to School Life Hacks brought to you by PowerUP Parent are included from excerpts from: “Attention Parents Return to the Classroom! Building Powerful Relationships between Parents, Teachers, and Students in this Social Media Era.”
5 Recommended Back to School Hacks for Parents for a Successful School Year!
1. Contact your child’s teacher before school starts. Look as parents we need to show that we are ready to be engaged and available.
2. Make sure to have your child’s school supplies ready on the first day of school. The list should be online, make sure to obtain the items including the tissue.
3. Call a family meeting to discuss the upcoming school year. Make sure everyone knows his or her responsibilities and expectations.
4. Remind your student their right to learn in a safe environment and talk about appropriate touch and interaction and inappropriate and what to do if they encounter an inappropriate interaction with a teacher or another student.
5. Lastly, the more prepared you make your student for school you lessen the opportunity for new school year anxiety for your student. School supplies, clothes, and lunch items prepared before the first day and contact with the new teacher will set yourself up for a successful school year. #Mrs. C. Johnson
Join the mailing list for book release date!